Wednesday 25 June 2014

Perfect Blushes

if you're like me and have the skin of a milk bottle you will know how useful a good blush can be, because i am so pale, finding a good blush is hard, however they are my guilty pleasure and i have to admit i am the biggest hoarder of them; there are quite a few in my makeup collection..
i thought i would share with you my top 5 favourite blushes, enjoooooyyy!

My Top 5 Blushes
1. Sleek blush trio in 'pink lemonade'
i have to say sleek is one of my favourite brands for blushes and at £9.99 this trio is perfect value as you get 3 for a tenner! The first shade is 'icing sugar' and is a very natural pink shade which i love applying on my cheeks for a slight shimmer. The middle shade is 'macaroon' and is a quite a peachy cream blush, have never tried a sleek cream blush before, but it has great colour pay off and lastly the shade on the right is 'pink mint' which is much like the first shade shimmer-wise but it is quite a bit darker and i would describe this as more of a fuchsia colour. All in all i think this is brilliant, especially for taking travelling as you have 3 different blushes in 1 compact!

2. Too Faced perfect flush blush in 'candy glow'
I bought this a few months ago in a moment of spontaneity, i had previously seen this all over tumblr/instagram because of how pretty the packaging is. It is extremely photogenic haha!That is one of my favourite things about this blush; the beautiful packaging. this is more on the pricey side at £24, but for a high end blush, its great value! it consists of 3 shimmery shades varying from peachy shades to more coraly ones. i love sweeping my brush accross all 3 colours to just have a slight injection of colour on my cheeks, i love that this also doesn't come out too drastic either, its very natural!  

3. Mac powder blush in 'Fleur Power'
This is my most recent blush buy, but i have used it pretty much every day for the last 2 weeks, again its on the pricier side at £18 but mac blushes never fail to disappoint. This shade is very natural and is one of the only blushes i have found to match my skin tone like perfectly! The colour pay off is great and I've found i can use this higher up on my cheekbones to contour slightly and it still looks fab! 
4. Nars Blush in 'super orgasm'
I have gotten a lot more into nars recently and just had to try one of their blushes, so when i found myself in selfridges i opted for this beauiufl coral pink shades with little flecks of gold running through it in the sahde 'super orgasm'. the thing i love about this is it is so versatille.i use it a lot when i go out because it is very light reflecting and looks so pretty in photos. Apologies again as this is another high end blush at £22.50 but i would honestly reccomend splashing out for this!
5. Nyx Cream blush in 'boho chic'
Unfortunately we don't have a nyx here in the UK but, around Christmas time i found myself ordering a bunch of nyx things from their website as i just had so many things i wanted to try. I have always been a big fan of cream blushes because i have quite dry skin and i thought i would try out the nyx one. This is great value as well, i think i payed the equivalent of about 6 pounds which is amazing! It is such a fantastic product, you need the tiniest bit on your finger, blended out and it gives you the loveliest glow, we just need a nyx in England now!
















My favourite Blush brush










6 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing that too faced one for awhile. It looks so lovely.
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe , hope I didn't tempt you too much, so worth it though:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! Love that too face blusher!
    Just followed you on bloglovin, would love if you could check out my blog back!
    Keep in touch!
    stylelikehers
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou, of course i'll have a lil look now!:D xx

      Delete
  3. Great post:)
    Following you now,hope you'll do the same!:**
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete